January 25, 2011

Essence I Love Berlin LE | Review, swatches + FOTD (part I.)



As I said in my previous post, I won a test package from Essence.I was so happy to find out I was one of the lucky winners!I received my goodies a week ago,and in this part, I'll share my thoughts on the liquid eyeliners.

the shades are  colorful and unique, ideal for spring

- 05 I'm A Berliner (light green)
- 02 Green Grass (dark green)
- 03 Buddy Bear (blue)
- 01 Love This City (pink)
- 04 Berlin Story (black)

Swatches:

2 swipes on each

natural light


The pigmentation is quite good but they are on the sheer side. If you want a bright line on your eyes, you need at least 2 swipes (except for 01 Love This City).


My favourite is the first shade called Love This City. I'm not a fan of pink, but this colour is so pretty and looks great on the eyes, especially on blue eyes. Also, this is the most pigmented shade; one swipe is enough for a nice pop of colour. Metallic sheen, no shimmer.

I got 5 liners, so I did 5 different eye looks for you!:)

Here is the first one - 01 Love This City

click for bigger!

The next one is a dark green colour - 02 Green Grass


I used purple eyeshadows so the forest green colour is more intense. This one has shimmer.

03 Buddy Bear:

shimmery navy blue liner

04 Berlin Story:


I really like this shade. I LOVE black eyeliners and this one has multicolour shimmer to it, yet it dries matt. The colour payoff is great.

05 I'm A Berliner:


This shade is hard to describe. It's a light green with a yellow, almost gold undertone. Doesn't contain shimmer and it is the sheerest one. It has a metallic sheen to it. I was a bit afraid of the colour, because green isn't really my colour. (Essence Metallics Quad - Nothing Else Metals)

To sum up:

Pros:
-goes on smoothly
-does not smudge
-inexpensive
-great and trendy shades
-stays on 
-easy to remove
-lovely packaging :)

Cons:
-burns the base of the lashes until it's dry
-the colour payoff is not the best
-difficult application if you wanna create a cat-eye (the tip is too long)
-IS NOT AVAILABLE IN HUNGARY :(

And finally a FOTD with the pink eyeliner:


Used products:

-Essence I Love Berlin liquid eyeliner: 01 Love This City
-Essence I Love Berlin lipbalm: 01 Love This City
-Essence Fairytale eyeshadows: 01 Tinka's Dress & 04 Fairy Berry
-Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara

What do you think?:) Do you have these liquid liners too? You know I love reading your comments.

In part II :
-Essence I Love Berlin gel eye pads: review

~ Evinde

8 comments :

  1. húha, a Buddy Bear a kézfejeden gyönyörű! a szemeden viszont nekem a Green Grass tetszik legjobban, nagyon jól áll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!!! Well done review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dikii: thank you :)

    @Janka:Igen,mindkettő a jobban pigmentáltak közé tartozik :) Köszönöm és örülök,hogy tetszenek!:)

    @Emel: thanksie!:D Glad you like it.:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dropped here again :) I am so curious of the eyes detailed pictures. What cam do you use? How you take the pictures? I was trying to take picture of my make up last days, but when I checked them I started to laugh. There was nothing to see :)) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marguerite: thank you!:)

    @Emel:
    I use a Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd digital camera,because I'm a hobby photographer :) and this lovely little cam is perfect for that.:)
    (http://www.techgadgets.in/images/fujifilm-finepix-s1000fd-digicam.jpg)

    When I take pictures of my make-up,lighting is often a huge problem,so I usually use flash.Hope that would work for you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. jajj nekem a rózsaszín nagyon tetszik el is mentem érte Ausztriába,de már nem volt belőle nagyon sajnáltam hogy elfogyott mert az tetszik a legjobban nekem mindegyikből de a többi sem rossz:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...