April 19, 2015

JORD Wood Watches | Ely Cherry

jord wood watch ely

Wooden accessories are undoubtedly making their way into fashion, and I could not be happier about it. I am here to show you a gorgeous wooden watch today. I have many photos, so let's see them!

Egyre nagyobb teret kapnak a fából készült kiegészítők, aminek nagyon örülök. Ma egy gyönyörű fa órát mutatok nektek, és már alig vártam, hogy visszatérhessek a blogoláshoz. Sok-sok fényképet hoztam, lássunk is neki.

jord wood watch ely
Jord wood watches - Ely series

I deeply admire wood, one of my dreams is to live in a wooden cabin in the middle of a forest. Even though we don't own a wooden garden desk or table, I always try to use wooden surfaces when I photograph. I am sure you have noticed that. I am so happy to see that wood material is becoming more and more popular.

Kicsi korom óta rajongok mindenért, ami fából készül. Egyik nagy vágyam, hogy egy fa házikóban éljek az erdő mélyén, pár medvebocs társaságában. Biztosan láttátok a képeimen, hogy igyekszem minél többször fa felületen fotózni a sminkes kellékeim, így nagyon örülök, hogy a fa egyre népszerűbb lesz a divat és a kiegészítők világában.

jord wood watch ely

Last summer, a Jord wood watch ad popped up in my browser. I even remember which website showed me the ad, and I am forever thankful for checking the weather forecast online that day. I was in awe; I thought that creating watches out of wood is the most amazing idea. A couple of months later I received an email from Jord if I was interested in trying their watches. My jaw dropped, I was over the moon. It was one of the most memorable days of my 5 years of blogging.

Tavaly nyáron megláttam egy hirdetést a Jord fából készült óráiról a böngészőmben, és nem tudtam kiverni őket a fejemből. Hihetetlenül jó ötletnek tartottam - és tartom -, hogy fából készítsenek karórákat. Pár hónappal később kaptam egy emailt a Jord-tól, hogy lenne-e kedvem kipróbálni az egyik órájukat. Nem hittem a szememnek! Az a nap volt az egyik legemlékezetesebb napom az 5 év alatt, amióta a blogot vezetem.

jord wood watch ely
Jord wood watch - Ely Cherry in its box 

I decided to pick the Ely Cherry timepiece, because my fascination with reddish brown wood is endless. I copy the official description of the Ely watch series:

Ely is the complement to our Fieldcrest series, produced using a slightly smaller dial and band, with the addition of a date display. The simplicity of this design accentuates the intricacy of the wood grain.  The Ely is understated and effortless.

  • Deployment Buckle with Push Button
  • Scratch Resistant Mineral
  • Citizen Miyota Quartz Movement 
  • Case Width: 37mm
  • Case Thickness: 11mm
  • Lug Ends: 45mm
  • Band Length: 200mm
  • Band Thickness: 21mm
Fenn olvashatjátok az általam választott óra jellemzőit. Az Ely család Cherry modelljére esett a választásom, mert nagyon szeretem a vörösesbarna fát. 


jord wood watch ely

Jord logo

My watch arrived in February, that is the reason of the snowy photos above. I took a couple of pictures right after it arrived. It comes in a simple yet elegant box, and the timepiece itself is seated on a little pillow. As you can see, there is a wooden Jord logo attached to the watch, it is a lovely detail to notice.

Februárban érkezett meg a csomagom, és még aznap készítettem is pár képet, azért látszik a hó a fenti képeken. Egyszerű és elegáns dobozkában érkezik az óra, és egy Jord feliratos párnát ölel körbe. A Jord fából készült logója minden órához jár, ami figyelemre méltó részlet.

jord wood watch ely
Ely Cherry wood watch on the wrist

I believe that the Ely watches have the smallest dial, but they still have a decent sized face. It is the best option for my wrist and for my preference. 

Az Ely család órái rendelkeznek a legkisebb számlappal, és így sem mondanám őket kicsinek. Az én csuklómhoz és ízlésemhez kiválóan passzol. 

jord wood watch on the wrist

A couple of words about Jord:

A wood watch by JORD is a truly unique time piece hand-crafted from natural wood. The bands and movement housings can be made from one or more types of wood. The internal movements are sourced from the finest international watch manufacturers and the glass is a scratchproof "blue film" glass. If you are seeking a beautiful and unique time piece for your collection or simply need an expressive fashion accessory, a wood watch is your next talk piece.
Wood watches by JORD are manufactured with a variety of natural woods from around the world. Each product is different and we are constantly sourcing unique and sustainable product with which we hand-craft every watch. Some of the wood we use include bamboo, maple, sandlewood, blackwood, cherry, and teak. 

Being the wooden material freak I am, to own a unique, one-of-a-kind watch is surely appealing. With the help of this little gem, I can carry a piece of nature with me wherever I go. It is such a nice change from metal and rubber watches.

A fenti, szürkével írt bekezdésben olvashattok pár szót a Jordról.

jord wood watch ely

Jord wood watch clasp and links

Before receiving the package, I was curious if the wooden links of the band would scratch my skin. After 2 months of use, I am very happy to say that you don't even feel that the watch is made out of wood. The links are sturdy and durable, yet there is no scratchy feeling or rubbing against the skin. My metal watch often scratches my skin and gives me little bumps, so if you have the same reaction to metal, I would suggest trying a wooden one. The clasp is strong, it has never opened by itself.

Aggódtam, hogy a csuklópánt fa szelvényei karcolni fogják a bőröm, hisz a fémből készült órám folyton dörzsöli a csuklóm, aminek apró dudorok a következményei. Szerencsére semmi ilyet nem tapasztaltam a Jord órával kapcsolatban; észre sem venni, hogy fából készült. Ha allergizáltok valamilyen fémre, érdemes befektetni egy ilyen órába. A szelvények masszívak, nem repednek vagy törnek. A kapocs erősen záródik, 2 hónap alatt egyszer sem nyílott ki magától.


Ely Cherry & sour cherry blossoms

Besides the colour of the wood, I mostly adore the face of the watch. Hopefully you can see that the natural grain of the wood shows up beautifully. I often catch myself staring at it during the day, it is gorgeous. Jord is Swedish for earth, soil or land, so the natural core of the watches is highlighted perfectly.

Amit a legjobban szeretek az órában a színe mellett, az a számlap erezete. Látszik, hogy milyen gyönyörűen ki lett emelve a fa természetes gyűrűje. Gyakran kapom magam azon, hogy egész nap nézegetem.

jord wood watch
Jord wood watch - Ely series Cherry

jord wood watch

The watch is splash proof, but do not submerge it in water, because it is untreated wood. The glass is scratch-proof, so I don't need to worry about that. My biggest fear is scratching my items (screens, makeup cases, shoes), so I could not be happier about not getting any scratches this time.

A Jord órái fröccsenés állóak, de víz alá nem szabad mártani őket, mert kezeletlen fából készültek. Az üveg karcmentes.

Ely Cherry wood watch / fa óra

There are many styles and colours of wood watches on the Jord website, so feel free to window shop like I did last summer. They range from $129 to $295, so we can agree that they are luxury items. 

Sok stílusú és színű óra közül válogathatunk a Jord weboldalán, az árak 129 és 295$ között mozognak. Egy ilyen óra befektetést igényel, de meg is hálája azt. Sokkal szebb, masszívabb és különlegesebb, mint a gumi vagy fém karórák

Jord warranty card

The watches come with a 12 month warranty card and an autenthicity card, which is very thoughtful of the brand. 

Minden órához 12 hónapos garancia kártya és eredetiséget bizonyító kártya jár.

Jord wood watch - Ely Cherry

Jord wood watch - Ely

I paired my timepiece with oatmeal coloured clothing and similar nails, though you can't see my nails. I just love how the reddish brown colour of the watch pairs with the soft beige colour of my jumper. 

A passzoló ruha és körömlakk kiválasztása több időt vett igénybe, mint arra számítottam. Zabpehely színű felső és hasonló nude körömlakk mellett döntöttem, bár utóbbit nem látjátok a képeken. A natúr ruházat szépen kiemeli az óra vöröses színét.

Jord wood watch - Ely series Cherry

I am so happy with my watch! If you are in the market for a unique and durable watch, and you also happen to like wooden accessories, these timepieces are the way to go. Just look at it, it's stunning.

Nagyon boldog vagyok ezzel a kis órával. Ha egyedi és strapabíró órára vadásztok, és még a fából készült kiegészítőket is szeretitek, akkor érdemes körülnézni a Jord háza táján.

Have I sparked your interest?
Felkeltettem az érdeklődéseteket?

~ Evinde

Take a look at the rest of the Jord watches:
Mens Wood Watches

The product was provided me for an honest review. 

4 comments :

  1. Nagyon szép órát választottál! Nagyon tetszenek a fából készült dolgok, így az órák is, eddig talán 2 márkánál láttam ilyesmi órát, azóta is úgy érzem, hogy én bizony nagyon szívesen viselnék egy ilyet :D Nagyon stílusos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Köszönöm szépen, örülök, hogy tetszik! :) Most egyre több helyen látok ugyanerre a mintára készült szemüvegeket is, azok is nagyon jól néznek ki, bár nem vagyok szemüveges. :D

      Érdemes lesz visszalátogatni ma este vagy holnap a blogra, ha tetszik az óra ;D

      Delete
  2. Igen, igen, igen, a legnagyobb óra fan vagyok a világon talán, több darabból álló gyűjteményem van hosszú évek alatt gyűjtöttem, de úgy látom hogy rendelni kell :) Az óra gyönyörű és egy különlegesség ami hozzám is kívánkozik :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Örülök, hogy tetszik! :) Egy fa óra csodás tagja lenne bármilyen óra gyűjteménynek. Nekem jelenleg 2 órám van ezzel együtt, de a fém órám sajnos kiütéseket varázsol a csuklómra, úgyhogy csak ezt használom :D A fém pedig marad majd kiöltözős alkalmakra.

      Látogass vissza holnap a blogra, ha tetszik az óra. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...