May 17, 2016

Catrice Zensibility Nail Polish - Sheer Silence | Opaque Pale Pink!

catrice zensibility sheer silence nail polish

Today, I am going to show you an opaque pale pink nail polish from the recent Catrice Zensibility limited edition. Opaque pale pink nail polishes are hard to come by, so this post is for you if you are looking for one.


catrice zensibility sheer silence nail polish
Catrice Zensibility Sheer Silence nail polish
I purchased this beauty almost 2 weeks ago (!), so basically they put it on display a lot earlier than it was expected. (In Hungary, it is supposed to be available from the middle of May). The entire Zensibility collection is stunning, but unfortunately I could only afford one single item from the entire collection. I hope I will be able to buy more things next month because I just looove the eye palette.

Catrice Zensibility display at Müller

catrice zensibility sheer silence nail polish

The nail polishes of the collection are rather large, you get 15ml of product instead of the usual 10ml, and it is slightly more expensive as well (around 1100 HUF).


Don't let the shade name fool you, it is not a sheer nail polish. 

catrice zensibility sheer silence nail polish cap
Catrice Zensibility Sheer Silence
The cap of the Zensibility nail polishes is very long, it reminds me of the Louboutin nail polishes. Since the Zensibility collection is Asian themed, I think that the nail polish bottle was supposed to look like the calligraphy ink bottles. Nobody seems to mention that in reviews, so I do now beause I love the idea.

catrice zensibility nail polish brush

Unique calligraphy pen-like cap:
The cap comes apart, which was quite the surprise for me. The long brush is easy to manage, and the brush is nice and wide, ensuring a simple application. The only downside of the cap is that it doesn't close entirely, so the polish inside is quite thick. I had to use nail polish thinner to make it apply smoothly. 

By the way, don't use nail polish remover to thin out nail polishes! Never ever do that. You can buy legit thinners for very cheap, you don't want to mess up your polishes with remover.

catrice zensibility sheer silence swatch
Catrice Zensibility nail polish - Sheer Silence swatch
(2 coats, outside, overscast, no top coat)

Opacity and tone:
Sheer Silence is an opaque pale pink nail polish with just a teeny bit of peach tone to it, making it perfect for people with warm skintones who are looking for pale pinks. Don't get me wrong, it would still work on any skintone, but sometimes really cool pinks can look odd on warm skin. 

There is a straight up peach shade in the collection (called Zensible Rose), so this one is dominantly pink compared to its peach sister. It covers in 2 easy coats (once you thin it out). Bet it would be a one-coater if used without nail polish thinner.

opaque pale pink nail polish
Catrice Zensibility Sheer Silence nail polish swatch - 2 coats 

catrice zensibility sheer silence swatch

catrice zensibility sheer silence nail polish

opaque pale pink nail polish comparison
OPI My Very First Knockwurst - Catrice Sheer Silence - OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around - Essence Happy Nails
Pale pink nail polish comparison:
Since I've been on a hunt for 2-coater pale pink nail polishes myself, I decided to compare my tiny collection of opaque pale pinks. Catrice Sheer Silence is the slightly peach-toned pale pink in the group.

Another new opaque pale pink is Happy Nails by Essence, this one is considerably cooler toned, with lavender tones to it. OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around is a dusty pale pink with grey tones (also, it's my favourite OPI nail polish), while OPI My Very First Knockwurst is a muted pale pink with less grey tones compared to DBNMA.

All of them are fully opaque in 2 coats.

pale pink nail polish swatches:
opaque pale pink nail polish swatches
OPI My Very First Knockwurst
Catrice Zensibility Sheer Silence
OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around
Essence Happy Nails

Have you purchased anything from the Zensibility collection? Do you like pale pink nail polishes? 

You know that I am not the biggest fan of pink, but I firmly think that a pale pink nail polish is a basic item in any nail polish stash.

~ Evinde

I purchased the product myself.

6 comments :

  1. Sokat nézegettem a displayt, de végül az szemhéjpúderecsetet vettem meg. A pirosítón gondolkodtam sokat és nagyon tetszik a paletta is - olyan, mint a MAC-é. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Igen, a paletta az 100% MAC, azért is szeretném megvenni, meg sokkal szebben swatcholnak a púderek, mint első ránézésre hinném. Mondjuk szerintem nem marad már semmi az állványon, mire júniusban Müllerbe jutok.

      Delete
  2. Nagyon szép ez a lakk! Remélem találok még belőle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. A Zensibility displayt a Müllerekben találod meg.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...