February 5, 2019

3 Looks 1 Palette | Essence Ho Ho Ho Holiday Palette

essence holiday palette 2018

Christmas is gone but since many of you picked up the Essence Holiday palette, I thought it wouldn't hurt to show some looks with it. Let's see!

essence christmas palette 3 looks
Essence Jingle All The Way eyeshadow palette - Holiday 2018

First of all, please note that this is a very monochromatic reddish-copper palette, so no matter how many looks you make, they all look similar and warm-toned. That's both the curse and blessing of a palette that builds itself up on one colour scheme.

One thing I remember when the Jingle All The Way palette came out is the heaps of questions on Essence's social media posts about looks of the palette, and how you would combine the colours in it. Today, I'll show you 3 simple looks, also incorporating the pressed glitter in 2 of them.

essence holiday matte eye look
Essence Jingle All the Way palette - matte eye look with glittery lashline
Look 1 - Matte lid & glittery lower lashline

For the first look, I decided to layer the matte shades (2, 5, 6) on the lid. I smoked the colours out towards the browbone in a way that the darkest shade is nearest to the upper lashes, while the lightest shade is in the crease. I applied the gold (4) shade in the inner corner, and layered the pressed glitter (7) on the lower lashline on top of a warm rust shade. 

essence ho ho ho palette eye look


Look 2 - Bronze to reddish copper

Blended some matte shades in the crease, then applied the pale gold and bronze colours on the inner part of the lid (shades 1 and 4). Then I gradually applied the reddish shades (3, 8, 9) towards the outer V, blended them in with the crease shades. Repeated it on the lower lashline. Darkened up the outer V and outer part of the lower lashline with the darkest matte shades.

essence ho ho ho palette metallic look
Essence Jingle All the Way palette - Ho Ho Ho collection

essence jingle all the way palette


Look 3 - Glitter on the lid
I created the third look by modifying the second one. I packed the darkest matte shades on the center and outer part of the lid, then carefully pressed the glitter shade on top of it.

essence copper glittery eye


I talked about the behaviour of the pressed glitter in this review, but to sum it up quickly: it was just fine when applied on the upper lid, there wasn't a lot of fallout. Try not to apply it on the lower lashline though, as it went right into my eyeball when I did so, no matter how carefully I tapped it on. 

copper eyemakeup and blue eyes
Essence pressed glitter on the lid
(Jingle All The Way palette - Holiday 2018)

Do you like to play with pressed glitter? 

~ Evinde

I purchased the palette myself.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...