November 19, 2018

Revolution Give Them Nightmares Palette | November Rain Smoky Blue Makeup

makeup revolution give them nightmares palette


Here's to the people who like cool-toned make-up. Today, I will show you a smoky teal eye make-up that I paired with peachy nude lips and cheeks. I will also show you my favourite Halloween palette in action. Let's see!

makeup revolution give them nightmares
cool-toned make-up look for autumn and winter

I associate smoky teal and darker blue colours with november, I think it's because there is usually a lot of rain involved around that time of the year. Not this year though, today is the first rainy autumn day here as I'm writing this post.

smoky blue makeup
teal smoky eyes
Even though this post is not a palette review, I want to touch on the palette as well. The Makeup Revolution Give Them Nightmares palette was a limited edition palette for their first Halloween. I created this look and took the photos shortly after the palette was released, at the beginning of 2015. 

Still, I wanted to share the look because you can find a great selection of dark teals almost everywhere in case you don't own this palette. Even  Revolution has multiple Halloween-themed palettes with teals, they release one every year, and I'm thankful for that.

ville valo inspired makeup
Makeup Revolution Give Them Nightmares palette makeup look
I like jewel-toned teal shades particularly on blue eyes the most, the eyeshadow almost makes blue eyes look grey. Don't believe that you can't wear blue eyeshadow on blue eyes! Blue tones harmonize with one another greatly. There is a difference between wanting your eye colour to pop (orange and rust shades do that to blue eyes) and wanting to wear colours that mix well with them. Hope that makes sense.

makeup revolution give them nightmares palette
Makeup Revolution Give Them Nightmares palette packaging
makeup revolution give them nightmares palette
MUR Give Them Nightmares palette inside
Being a Halloween item, the Give Them Nightmares palette has a gorgeous selection of "spooky" jewel colours including smoky teals, blues, purples and a burgundy colour. There are 2 rows of shimmery / metallic and one row of matte shades, as all of their Salvation palettes do. The shadows are buttery smooth and hella pigmented, like all of the Revolution palettes I've tried. The Salvation and the Redemption palettes have pristine quality, they are my favourites from the brand. 

blue smoky eye
blue smoky eye makeup
Close-up of the eyes, see above. I used the metallic teals on my lid, the Ash matte shade in my crease and a touch of Wicked on top of the teals. See the shade names below.

makeup revolution halloween palette
Give Them Nightmares palette shade names

give them nightmares palette cool toned makeup


I would say this look was inspired by listening to a lot of HIM and by Ville Valo's looks; however, if I think about it, he mostly just wears smudged black liner. I guess I was inspired by the fact that he also likes to emphasize his eyes.

HIM is my all-time-favourite band, more so a favourite of my 16 years old self. Nowadays, it's kinda painful to listen to them as it brings back a lot of memories, and I'm just really sad they disbanded. Also, "adult" me tends to listen to metalcore or death metal a lot more, but HIM will always have a special place in my heart.

blue smoky eyes peach lips

Product list:

- Mizon Snail Repair BB cream
- Rival de Loop Young face powder
- NYX Taupe blush as contour
- Makeup Revolution Give Them Nightmares palette
- Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara
- Max Factor Clump Defy mascara
- Catrice Ultimate Shine lipstick - 270 What's Ap-ricot


If you like the palette, I'd recommend you to dig for it because some websites probably still have it. If you can't find it anywhere, Revolution still has its' sister palette on the website.

~ Evinde

I bought the palette with my own money.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...