May 18, 2019

Hidden Gems | Rival De Loop Young Face Powder

rival de loop young powder

Today I am drawing attention to a product that I don't see people mentioning a lot. I have quite a few of those products. If you are interested how this little gem of a powder works and why you should try it, keep reading.

rdly face powder review
Rival de Loop Young Face Powder - 01 Porcelain
Rival de Loop Young has been present in the country for a good 4-5 years now, and thank the gods this product is not discontinued yet. If you don't know, most German brands are notorious for discontinuing everything within months, and then bringing them back with a new name and (often) worse formula, acting like it's a brand new product (ahem, Essence). By the time I test and get to know such an item, it's unecessary to write a review because it's discontinued. I wish Essence and Catrice would relize that. I am tired of it, that's why I give huge brownie points to Rival de Loop Young, they keep their products around for longer time periods.

rival de loop young face powder ingredients
RDLY Face Powder backside sticker with ingredients
Packaging:

The Rival de Loop Young face powder comes in a hard acrylic case, I personally think these type of robust transparent cases look really pleasing to the eye. I prefer them to the more rounded ones.

rival de loop young powder review
Rival de Loop Young powder - exclusive to Rossmann
Texture, lasting power, scent, price:

This product right here is creamier and finer than all the other drugstore powders I've tried, mostly Essence and Catrice. It looks way more natural and uniform on the skin than the well-known Rimmel Stay Matte powder, the latter one looked awfully obvious on the skin, especially if you have rough skin texture. This one doesn't, it looks great. The soft powder formula must be the reason.

It lasts just as well as mattifying powders these days, while taking away shine and still looking like skin. It sets the base make-up beautifully. It's important to mention that the price is better than any of the competitors' prices, you get 10 grams of product for 750 HUF (less than $3), which is an amazing deal. Back when the brand came to the country, I remember buying it for 400 HUF (less than $2). They amped up their prices, but it's still pretty awesome.

The best thing besides how natural it looks on the skin is the scent. It has a delicious toasted coconut scent, Essence used to make powders like that. Even Rival de Loop Young blushes have that exact smell, I love it. It doesn't irritate my skin, nor do I smell it for more than a couple of minutes.

catrice vs rival de loop young powder
RDLY Face Powder (01 Porcelain) vs. Catrice All Matt Plus (010 Transparent) matte powders
Good to know

Important to mention that it does not darken up when it hits emolient surface, such as foundation or concealer. I compare it to the Catrice matte powder on the photo, because the Catrice one looks very similar in colour, but it darkens up badly on the skin and turns orange. Most powders do darken up when setting a foundation with them, the RDLY powder doesn't.

It has a bit of a coverage to it, but goes on the skin mostly translucent.

You can get this bad boy and other RDLY products at Rossmann and only there, as far as I know. I highly recommend it if you use powder daily, you won't find a more affordable product with such a nice quality. I linked to my shade above (Porcelain).

What are some of your favourite hidden gem products? 
*Jaquen H'ghar voice* Let a girl know.

~ Ev

I purchased the product with my own money.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...