November 30, 2019

Essie Playing Koi | Burnt Orange Nails

essie playing koi

Burnt orange is one of my favourite colours to wear during autumn. It matches the colourful leaves perfectly and puts me in a cozy mood. Today, I am here with a review about probably the most famous burnt orange nail polish - Essie Playing Koi.


essie playing koi burnt orange nail polish
Essie Playing Koi - 2 coats, no top or base coat

When it came out, Playing Koi caught the hearts of many people. I managed to hunt it down on eBay last year (you can't get Essie here), and I am very happy with my little bottle of goodness. 


essie playing koi swatches
Essie Playing Koi swatches

It is truly a beautiful burnt orange cream nail polish that can be easily a one-coater, though I used 2. I also can stamp with it if I want to, but I usually don't waste it on that.


Essie Playing Koi has a great formula that goes on without issues. It does not stain the nails either and dries quickly and very shiny. I didn't use a base or top coat, and it lasted 4 days without chipping, doing the dishes and all that jazz.

burnt orange nail polish for fall
burnt orange nails for autumn

The majority of my photos shows it in very bright sunlight so it apperas to be lighter than it is, but the photo above shows the true deep colour of it. It is gorgeous both ways.

essie playing koi swatches
Essie Playing Koi

If you wanted to get this guy but missed it, do try it on eBay. If you are a fellow autumn-lover who likes to paint nails, this one is a lovely addition to any nail polish collection.

Also, where did my favourite season go? I can't believe it is the last day of November. I wish summer didn't stole 6 weeks of it. It is theoretically autumn up until the 21st of December, so there is that. 

Are you excited for Christmas or do you feel anxious about the gift-hunting process?

~ Ev

Purchased the product with my own money.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...