February 14, 2020

Heart-Shaped Makeup Products | Valentine's Day

heart shaped makeup

It is heart-shaped chocolate day today, so I decided to search my stash for products that are festive on this day. I succeeded.


blushes with heart pattern
Essence Happy Girls Are Pretty multi-colour blush - 01 You Sweeten My Day!
Essence We Are Awesome multi-colour blush - 01 You & Me = Awesome

(Kind of interesting that Essence spelled "multi-colour" differently on both blushes, and none of them are correct. Oh boy.)

Instagram shadowbanned me for tagging #valentinesday, apparently it is a banned tag, so I am making a blogpost instead. The more you know... it's sad to see the worse and worse changes on IG compared to 2013-15 IG.

The products I am writing about are new on the blog, I haven't shown them in any post yet, even though I've had them for years. The reddish lippies and the square blush are from the same collection by Essence, it's called We Are... . I bought them for a dollar on clearance a while ago. The entire collection was all cutesy-themed with hearts on everything. If I remember correctly, it came out around Valentine's day too. The lippies are velvet matte and very highly pigmented; the blush is silky and a beautiful colour in general.

heart shaped lipsticks
heart-shaped lipsticks by Essence and Holika Holika

I also own a Holika Holika Heartful glossy lipstick in Humming Pink, and while the formula is very hydrating, creamy and delicious, the colour doesn't suit me that well. I have to tap it on lightly. To my excuse, the online swatches of this shade told me it was a lovely beige nude. Oh well, I can still make it work.

The round blush is also from an Essence limited collection called Happy Girls Are Pretty, I believe it is from 2015. I remember watching Crimson Peak at the movies, and buying it after the film ended. It was a great afternoon! I haven't touched it yet because it is way too gorgeous.

heart shaped lipstick swatches
Heart-shaped lipstick swatches: Essence We Are Fabulous velvet matte lipsticks - 01 P.S. We Love Pink; 02 P.S. We Love Red
Holika Holika Heartful glossy lipsticks - PK122 Humming Pink

I probably have even more makeup products that are heart-shaped but I can't remember them right now. I really like unique products like that.

I haven't blogged in months and I feel like my English writing skills are like a 5 year old kid's, so bear with me please. If you are following me on IG, you know why I haven't posted in January at all. Losing not one, but two beloved pets while the other 2 are sick is very straining on the mind and emotions.

How is your 2020 going so far? Do you like unique makeup products? Let me know.

~ Evinde

I bought the products with my own money. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...