May 18, 2015

Pastel and Acid Roses | Makeup Revolution Products


Today's blogpost is about a spring / summer look that features two lip options. The focus is on a handful of Makeup Revolution products that I wanted to show in action.



It was about 13 months ago (!!) that I received a gift with Makeup Revolution goodies in it, solely to celebrate the fact that the brand is available to Hungary as well via the Pink Panda website. I applied them to my face right away, right after opening the box. That means that these photos are a year old now. That's what I meant by saying that I am a year behind with my MUR posts.

spring makeup look using Makeup Revolution products
(lips: Makeup Revolution Lip Power - Can't Escape Me)

The first lip option os a pastel baby pink, and the product I used is a lipstick & lipgloss duo, you will see it below.

summer makeup look, fuchsia lips
(lips: Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer - You took my love)

The second lip option is a bright neon fuchsia pink (matt lip cream), which is basically the only colour that I don't like out of all the colours that exist. We could say that this look was a complete "stepping out of the comfort zone" kind of challenge.


You can see that when it dries, it darkens a little (photo above). It could easily be a dupe of Candy Yum Yum, and I suspect that it is a dupe for a Lime Crime Velvetine as well. 

We all know the scray stuff that went down with Lime Crime, so if you want Velvetine dupes, I'd suggest to check out the MUR matte lip creams (if you are in Europe, that is. There are a crap ton of American companies that make exact Velvetine dupes now, so American peeps are pretty much saved.)

 Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer - You took my love

Somehow I just cannot stand this kind of lip colour on blonde people, but I have to admit that it doesn't look that bad. I ordered a different shade of their matte lip creams since then, and my wishlist is also fully packed with them. 

There is a certain way you have to apply and wear these; they are not for everyone. That being said, my lips are never dry (ever), so I am very happy to use them. These lip creams are the ultimate definition of matte lip products.

Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer - You took my love
Makeup Revolution Lip Power lipstick and lipgloss duo - Can't Escape Me

neutral eye look - Makeup Revolution Sticks and Stones palette

I created a neutral eye look, using the mono eyeshadow and the Sticks and Stones palette. The mono eyeshadow is on the inner third of my lid, and the rest of the eye look was created with the neutral shades of the palette.

Eye makeup:

  • Essence Metallics jumbo eye pencil - 03 Copper Rulez!
  • Etude House Proof 10 eye primer
  • Essence Superfine eyeliner pen - 01 Deep Black
  • Rimmel LA mascara
  • Catrice Lash & Brow Designer gel
  • Essence Big Bright Eyes - Highlight It Nude pencil
  • Makeup Revolution mono eyeshadow - Finally...
  • Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow and Eyebrow palette - Sticks and Stones


Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow and Eyebrow palette - Sticks and Stones

I feel like that these smaller, 16 piece eyeshadow and brow palettes need more attention. I own about 10 MUR palettes now, but I use this one the most because it is so small that I can travel with it very easily. It also has neutral and colourful shades, so I don't need anything else, except for a matte cream shade. Being a brow palette as well, I can do my brows with it too. The lighter one is a perfect match for very light blondes. These little gems need more love, for sure.


Face makeup:

  • Holika Holika Essential Petit BB cream
  • Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer - #1 Blooming
  • NYX Blush - Taupe
  • NYX HD Concealer - Fair (not worth the hype, overrated)
  • Catrice blush - 060 Rosewood Forest
  • Essence Bloom Me Up highlighter - 01 Rose It Up!


Also, have a bonus photo of me wearing my cosplay glasses, because why not.

Many thanks to Pink Panda for the gorgeous gift. Now I cannot stop buying Makeup Revolution products, and my wishlist keeps growing. MUR is a beautiful brand.

Please do expect a ton of MUR palette reviews in the future, I will review all of them (that I own).

The review of the Makeup Revolution Sticks & Stones palette can be found here.

~ Evinde

I bought most products with my own money. I received the MUR products as a gift.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...