September 14, 2018

Berry Glam Eye Look | Colourpop She Palette

colourpop she palette eotd

Colourpop Cosmetics decided to bring back the She palette from the land of discontinued make-up, and since it happens to be one of my favourites from the brand, I am here to show you how it performs in action. 



colourpop she palette eye makeup
berry halo eye using the Colourpop She palette

In case you are not familiar with the palette, I'll start with a quick summary. The Colourpop Fem Rosa She palette is a collaboration piece with Karrueche, and originally came out a year ago, that is when I purchased mine. For some odd reason, the brand decided to discontinue the palette, but fortunately they brought it back just in time for fall.

The new version of the She palette has the shade names printed below the eyeshadows, while mine (the first release) has the names listed on the back of the palette. Being able to read the shade names as you apply them without flipping the palette is definitely more convenient.

berry gold halo eye makeup for fall
berry halo eye - Fem Rosa palette

I decided to do a soft, berry-toned eye look that is suitable for autumn. It is also a halo eye, as you can see. I don't often do halo eyes in real life, so when I sit down to play with make-up that I'll photograph for the blog, I usually have more time, so it just happens. Now that I look at it, I do realize that there are quite a good amount of halo eyes on the blog as of late, but it did not dawn on me before I decided to create this particular look.

colourpop berry smoky eye
Colourpop x Karrueche Fem Rosa make-up look

Creating this autumnal eye make-up was really simple, so even as a beginner, you could achieve it easily. I snapped a close-up photo of the shades that I labeled myself, so you can check the shade names as you're reading about them.

colourpop fem rosa she palette
Colourpop x Karrueche Fem Rosa She palette

I used the two light matte shades in the crease, and layered the two dark matte shades in the inner and outer corners, like you would do with any halo eye. I proceeded by applying the shade called Chick with a wet brush on the center of the eyelid. Chick is a lovely duochrome eyeshadow that shifts from a peachy pink to a gold sheen. You don't necessarily need to wet the brush, it is a very prominent shade by itself as well.

colourpop she palette shade names
Colourpop She palette shade names

I smoked out my lower lashline using all 4 of the matte shades. Make sure you layer them from lightest to darkest, and always start with a small amount on the brush because these matte eyeshadows are very pigmented.

colourpop autumn berry eye look

I love to do a smokey look on my lower lashlines. I live for an almost sick-looking, vampire-like eye look, even though I tried to be subtle about it this time. I realize that a reddish smoky lashline is not everyone's cup of tea. 

colourpop fem rosa eye makeup
soft berry eye make-up


I really like to line my waterline with either a white or a light pink eye pencil, it instantly opens up the eyes. It's most likely the only colour I line my lashline with, I can't even remember the last time I used a black pencil.

Using berry and red shades around the eye can make one look tired (which is a look I personally really like), so using a white eye pencil will brighten the eye and make it appear bigger.

colourpop she eyeshadow palette
Colourpop x Karrueche palette packaging

Do you like to use berry eyeshadows? If not, would you consider trying them this autumn?

Let me know in the comments if you would be interested in a review of the Colourpop She palette.

~ Evinde

I purchased the product with my own money.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...