April 11, 2019

Colourpop Disney Princess Lipsticks | Belle and Snow White

colourpop disney designer review

Colourpop teamed up with Disney at the end of last year, thus creating the Disney Designer collection that was inspired by a handful of Disney princesses. Today, I am going to review a couple of the lipsticks, and also show you hand and lip swatches. Let's see!



colourpop disney designer lipstick review
Colourpop Disney Designer LUX lipsticks - Belle and Snow White

I remember that people were really excited when Colourpop announced the Disney Designer collection last autumn. It is quite wholesome that such an affordable brand created a Disney-themed collection, I gotta appreciate that. Years ago when MAC released a Disney collection,  many people couldn't afford it. 

There are 6 princesses included in the collection, you can check them out on the CP website. I was a bit disappointed that Pocahontas, Esmeralda or Mulan were not included, and even more sad that my all-time-fave, the Lion King was never included in any Disney collection ever, as far as I know. That's just a personal problem though.

colourpop disney lipstick ingredients
the boxes and ingredients of the Colourpop Disney lipsticks

Besides the Lion King, I also really loved the Beauty and the Beast as a kid, so buying Belle's lipstick wasn't really a question. It is a pinkish mauve colour that practically every single brand has, but I have to admit that Belle's lips do look like that exact colour.

Snow White wasn't my favourite movie at all, I remember that my mom wanted me to watch it whenever I wanted to watch the Lion King instead, LOL. Such big problems as a kid, am I right? Anyway, I have been on a search for the perfect Snow White red for years, kinda since 2013 when NYX appeared in Asia Center and they had an awesome red lippie that reminded me of Snow White's lips. I didn't buy it but I knew for sure that I'd buy the Colourpop one.

lipstick tubes of the colourpop disney collection
lipstick tubes - Colourpop Disney
Packaging:

As you can see way above, each of the lipstick boxes have a matching Disney princess drawn on them. I really like the artwork, it's gorgeous. The lipstick tube itself is pale gold metal-covered plastic, it's quite heavy as well. You can find the signatures of the princesses on each of the tubes, which is a nice touch.

colourpop disney lipstick stickers
stickers on the bottoms of the lipsticks

Colour-coordinated stickers indicate the shades at the bottom of the lipstick tubes.

colourpop belle and snow white lipsticks
Colourpop Disney Belle and Snow White lipsticks

Formula:

If you have tried any lipstick from any German brand (Essence, Catrice, P2, Trend It Up, RDLY), the formula of these Disney Colourpop lipsticks will be familiar, they are nothing new or groundbreaking. The texture is creamy to a point where they keep the lips moist, yet don't slip around. Being classic creamy lipsticks, they obviously transfer and wear off after eating. They have a very faint vanilla scent and stain the lips, especially the red one.

colourpop belle and snow white lux lipsticks
Belle and Snow White LUX lipsticks up close

The Disney Designer lipsticks are part of the Colourpop LUX lipsticks, so the texture itself is very airy and lightweight, and has kick-ass pigmentation in just one coat. I am showcasing that towards the end of the review. They have a nice healthy shine to them, but nowhere near a glossy finish. Just blot them if you want a more matte effect on the lips. 

They sure do glide on very easily, it's simple to get carried away if you don't have a prominent lip line. For mutuals with a weak-ass lipline like I have, I'd recommend either a lip brush, lip liner or a steady hand for applying the darker or brighter colours. 

colourpop belle and snow white lipstick hand swatches 1
Colourpop Belle and Snow White lipstick swatches (in shade)

Colours:

Belle is described as a rosy berry on Colourpop's website. I would say that it's a pinkish mauve. Gorgeous colour, regardless. Most people can wear a colour like this, it is an easy, everyday shade of muted pink.

Snow White is described as a candy apple red. In my book, it is a vibrant, yet classy cool-toned red that looks a bit brighter on the lips than in the tube. It is the perfect red lipstick, not too loud or too dark.
colourpop belle and snow white hand swatches in sunlight
Colourpop Disney lipstick swatches in sunlight - Belle and Snow White
colourpop belle lipstick one coat
Colourpop Belle on concealed lips in one coat

On the photo above, I am in the process of applying one coat on concealed lips. You can see how strongly pigmented it is; it was the same with the red shade as well.

colourpop belle lipstick lip swatch
Colourpop Belle lip swatch
For reference, I have fair neutral skin.

colourpop snow white lipstick lip swatch
Colourpop Snow White lip swatch
To sum it up, I think Colourpop did great with the lipsticks (unlike with the palette), and I do believe that most people will find a shade they like. If you have a lot of make-up and are not particularly into Disney movies, you can skip it. I would not have picked up these colours if they were just regular lipsticks in the main LUX line, but marketing them as matching shades with certain Disney princesses did its magic.

I have heaps of pinkish mauve and red lipsticks, so I needed new ones like I would need a third nipple, but a Belle and a Snow White lipstick?! It's a completely different story. The collector in me was itching to pick them up, so did little girl me. 

They cost 7 USD each, which is about the same as most German drugstore lippies nowadays, so nothing to be shameful about, even if you like to hoard lip products.

colourpop disney belle snow white lipsticks
Colourpop Disney Designer LUX lipsticks - Belle and Snow White
Even though the Disney Villains collection is available now too, I also have the palette and a couple of the supershocks from this original collection. Let me know if you want me to show them. You can comment on instagram as well.


#DisneyAndColourpop

~ Evinde

Bought the products with my own money.

2 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh, I didnt even know colour pop did these! *runs out to purchase* my sister in law would love these for a gift and the Belle one looks gorgeous so flattering and everyday.
    i love to blog all things beauty and skincare too. you can find my blog on www.steelcitymiss.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours of this collection are definitely great for everyday use, nothing's too wild. I'm glad you found out about this collection.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...