April 3, 2019

Repurchased Favourites | Avon Spring Haul & Review

avon haul makeup skin care

Avon is a brand that goes under the radar of many people, yet it has a bunch of great products that are worth trying. Today I will write about a group of products that I've repurchased and really like. Please do pay attention to Avon.


favourite repurchased avon products
Avon haul for the warmer months
This year I am on a low buy, so this haul is not from 2019, however, these products are still available if I'm correct, with some slight packaging changes here and there. I asked on instagram if you'd be interested in older hauls still, and you voted yes, so here we go.

avon dry ends hair serum
Avon Advance Techniques Dry Ends Serum
The Advance Techniques Dry Ends serum was mentioned on many platforms as a miracle worker years ago, circa 2013. I don't quite agree since the second ingredient in this product is a bad kind of alcohol that can dry out the hair, but other than that, it's really nice. It gives a nice shine and smells amazing, that's why I bought it mainly - for nostalgia. I will repurpose the pump bottle once I'm finished with it, and I recommend the same. Less waste in the long run.

I have a ton of hair that is very thick, so even if I damage it by colouring, it still doesn't affect it, so the alcohol in this product does not really bother me. Avon repackaged this product if I'm correct.

avon cherry blossom hand cream
Avon Naturals Blushing Cherry Blossom hand cream
The cherry blossom hand cream is one of my favourite products when it comes to scent. I love cherry blossom scented anything. This boi on the photo is my second tube of this particular cream, it moisturizes the skin effectively, and takes a while to completely dry. It is more suitable as a night-time cream rather than a quick-dry, on-the-go one. Give it a whiff if you can, you won't be disappointed.

avon cherry blossom hand cream

avon color trend peach nectar eye pencil
Avon Color Trend eyeshadow pencil - Peach Nectar
These chubby Color Trend eye pencils are probably not for everyone since they don't set. I love to use them as a cream base on the lid, lower lashline or inner corner. The one on the photo is a light, champagne coloured one, I usually use it on my inner corner. I don't feel like I need to set it under the eyes or on the inner corner, but I'd advise you to set it on the lid, otherwise it will crease. It is a lovely highlight colour that reminds me of my beloved Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow. It's very affordable, too.

avon peach nectar eye pencil swatch
swatches of Avon Peach Nectar eye pencil


avon planet spa body oil and face cleanser
Avon Planet Spa Volcanic Iceland body oil
Avon Planet Spa Oriental Radiance White Tea facial cleanser


The
Planet Spa Volcanic Iceland product family is the best smelling one out of all the Planet Spa (or other) products, I go nuts for that scent, kinda reminds me of a hug. It is my second bottle that I bought, you probably have seen the first one in this haul a while back. 

I use it mainly as a perfume oil on my wrist. It is too valuable to me to use it as a body oil, especially since I usually have to hunt for the entire Volcanic Iceland line. Please Avon, don't discontinue it!

top avon planet spa products
best of Avon Planet Spa
As someone who has combo textured skin with hella dry flakes on my nose, I can really appreciate if I find products that are affordable, effective and don't have crappy kind of alcohols or witch hazel in them. I'm fine using alcohol on my hair sometimes, but I'd never use it on my face. 

The Avon white tea gel cleanser is one of my faves from the brand besides their cucumber product family. The bottle on the photo is my 3rd repurchase. I usually use more than one cleansers that I constantly rotate through, so one bottle of this guy is enough for a long time. Give it a try if you also have a skin type similar to mine, or if you have oily skin.

avon foot works heel softening cream
Avon Foot Works heel softening cream with lactic acid
The heel softening cream is the black sheep of the bunch, since it is not a repurchase. It is my first time trying it, I think they even repackaged and renamed it since I bought mine. It contains lactic acid that should help with renewing the skin.

I have to get in the habit of putting lotion on my heels since I don't really do that, so this product is my motivation. I'm failing so far, whoops.

favourite avon products
Avon haul 

Do you have a hidden gem from brands that you feel like nobody talks about? Which one is it?
Also, how have you been lately? Let me know in the comments.

~ Ev

I purchased the products with my own money.

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...