October 22, 2019

Kaleidoscope Libra + Fall Nail Stamping | Night Dreams Collection

kaleidoscope libra nail polish

October is Libra season, so it is only fitting to review such a nail colour. In today's review, I write about Kaleidoscope Libra, which is part of their zodiac-themed Night Dreams collection. Since it is hight time for fall nail art manicures, I also stamped it to match the season even more. 


kaleidoscope libra nail swatch
Kaleidoscope by El Corazon - Libra
(2 coats, no top coat, natural light)
Last year, I was browsing El Corazon's website, which is a webshop that sells indie nail polish (and is kind of hard to navigate). They also offer Kaleidoscope nail polishes, and I stumbled upon their zodiac collection named Night Dreams. As you can guess, each zodiac sign has their own shade, and one that stood out to me was Libra.

kaleidoscope night dreams collection libra
Kaleidoscope Night Dreams collection - Libra

Kaleidoscope Libra is an antique gold (= greenish gold) glass fleck nail polish that covers fully in 2 coats. There could be speculations whether it is a dense shimmer or glass fleck, but glass fleck is essentially a type of shimmer in my mind. It has a lovely finish that is not streaky at all; most glass flecks aren't. 

zodiac libra nail polish
Libra zodiac nail polish swatches

Libra just glows both in the bottle and on the nails, and can drastically change in different lights, even though it is not a duochrome. On the photos above it almost looks bronze, while below, it is a true antique gold. 

antique gold nail polish for fall
antique gold nail polish for autumn
I get carried away easily when it comes to photographing nail polish, so I managed to cut down my original 60+ photos to just 9 of them you see in the post. 

kaleidoscope libra zodiac nail polish swatches
Kaleidoscope Libra nail polish

As far as zodiac signs, I am a Virgo with Libra as rising sign. That was not the reason why I purchased it though, I solely got it because of the color. Surprisingly, I don't have anything like it in my rather large nail polish collection. 

bottle shot of kaleidoscope libra nail polish
bottle shot of Kaleidoscope Libra

I also have my eyes on the Virgo and Gemini shades, both are more than suitable shades for autumn, you can check them here if curious.


Being an indie polish, Kaleidoscope is madly cheap, only around 3 bucks for a large bottle, and in the world of indie brands, that is amazing. They are also 5-free and come in a 15 ml bottle. The shipping is very affordable, too, even though the customer service lacks sometimes. 

fall nail art stamping leaves
fall leaf nail stamping for autumn with Pinpai stamping polishes

I also bought a couple of Pinpai stamping polishes on Aliexpress, and figured I'd try them too. I am a big fan of the white, but their burnt orange is not pigmented enough to use them on their own, so I had to stamp over the white shade. As it was only an experiment, please consider that I would not necessarily use old gold and orange together in a manicure like this, but it do be like that sometimes.

Have you ever heard of Kaleidoscope?
What is your favourite colour to wear for autumn?

~ Ev

I bought the product with my own money.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...