June 11, 2020

Glittery Cut Crease | Periwinkle and Berry

periwinkle and berry makeup flatlay

Cut crease makeup has been all the rage in the past 5 years, so I decided to do one again. I also wanted to try some mono eyeshadows in my custom palette, and see how it would turn out. Let's see if it's a mess or not.



glittery cut crease
periwinkle and berry cut crease & glitter liner

It's been ages since I created a cut crease eye look, way back in 2012. It was so long ago that the concealer method wasn't even popular, and I did it the oldschool way, carefully blending around. Good times!

Nowadays, it seems like people do cut crease looks only, and every other way of doing eye makeup is non-existent (instagram, am I right). While it is a fun way to do makeup, it does not suit every eye shape, so don't feel bad if you are not a fan of it. The classic way of painting your eyes is still in, don't you worry a second. I wish I could jump back to early blogging days, circa 2011. Such nostalgia!

blue and purple cut crease on round eyes
lid shade: Trend It Up metallic baked eyeshadow - 040
crease: Coastal Scents Fool's Gold; Fine Wine; Wild Raisin

Anyway, the reason I'm not a big fan of cut crease makeup is mainly that I have uneven eyelids. I sleep on my side, so half of my face is a bit droopy, meaning that one of my eyes is more hooded than the other, and one of my brows is straight and sits differently than the other. Unless posing for photos, the cut crease look gets lost and the glitter liner tends to move away because of the hood of my lid smushes it. Fun times! Hopefully one day, I will get a brow lift done. One day.

colorful cut crease makeup
cut crease on big round eyes

Now onto the makeup. I have been on a no buy / low buy in the past 2 years, but I bought a beautiful periwinkle eyeshadow back in 2018, and I wanted to foil it on the eyelid. I also wanted to use my custom Coastal Scents and Colourpop palette, so I blended a couple of berry shades in the crease, thinking that the contrast of the shades would be great for a cut crease. Later on, I added the handy-dandy glitter liner to mask the line of the lid shade. It turned out to be a fun, colorful makeup look for spring and summer.

Product list:

- Essence Match 2 Cover cream concealer
- Essence I Love Colour Intensifying eyeshadow base
- Miss Sporty Happy Brow Styling Gel - 001 Blonde
- Trend It Up metallic baked eyeshadow - 040 (periwinkle on lid)
- Coastal Scents hot pots - Fool's Gold; Fine Wine; Wild Raisin
- Mac Phloof! eyeshadow (inner corner)
- Essence Crystal glitter liner - 10 Beach Party (oldie from like 2011, love it)
- Mistine Maxi Black brush tip eyeliner

What do you think of the cut crease craze? Do you like to wear it? Or not your cup of tea?

~ Ev

I bought the products with my own money.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...