October 21, 2020

Cuccio Higher Grounds | Autumn in a Bottle

cuccio higher grounds

Cuccio Higher Grounds instantly grabbed my attention when I walked into a small nail polish boutique a while ago. I am a huge fan of nail polishes that look like autumn leaves in a bottle, so I felt lucky when I added this piece to my collection. Let's see the review!


cuccio higher grounds swatch
Cuccio Higher Grounds

Cuccio Higher Grounds is part of their Café collection and I purchased it about 2-3 years ago. The brand is from the US. It is my first ond only Cuccio polish so far because it is only available in one place in my country, as far as I know. I bought it for 750 HUF (less than $3) which is an outstanding price for 13 ml of nail polish.

cuccio higher grounds swatch 2
Cuccio Higher Grounds swatch

Packaging:

The bottle is similar to OPI, almost as if you squished an OPI bottle. It does not fall over easily. The brush is nice, wide and slim, almost identical to OPI brushes, which is my favourite kind of brush and incredibly easy to use.

cuccio higher grounds nail swatch

Colour and formula:

Higher Grounds is a magical rust-coloured glass fleck shade which also has a slight duochrome effect to it (old gold to copper) but it only shows in the bottle at certain angles. It looks like as if you crushed up the autumn foliage and put it in a bottle, and I already mentioned in this review how much I adore such nail polishes. To put the shade in perspective even more, it is the love child of OPI Warm and Fozzie and OPI A Woman's Prague-ative, so basically OPI Sprung but more copper. (I own all of them, would you like a comparison?)

The formula is a beginner-friendly delight, no issues with it at all. It covered fully in 2 coats on my short nails. It dries quickly and shiny, so no top coat is really needed, I don't wear any on the photos. It doesn't stain when removed.

cuccio higher grounds nail polish

Which is your favourite shade to wear during autumn? Do you like wearing seasonal colours?

Evinde

I bought the product with my own money.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...