November 2, 2014

Soft Daytime Smokey Eyes | Essence How To Make Smokey Eyes Palette



Today's makeup look is about achieving a soft smokey eye that is appropriate for daytime. This post is also dedicated to a sweet girl on instagram, I will talk about it in the post.

daytime soft smokey eyes

I created the look with the How To Make Smokey Eyes palette that I received in a goodie bag at the Essence 3m display event. I will post the review of the palette soon, so please stay tuned. 

I used the silver and the two purple shades on my lid and outer V, and lined my lower lash line with the purple Effect eye pencil by Essence. Make sure you blend the colours nicely, and use a light brown or grey matte transition shade above the crease. 

soft purple smokey eye look

I mentioned earlier that the Evinde username was taken on instagram. I contacted the girl who was using it, and she was really nice, letting me have that username. Evinde is my username everywhere (google, deviantart, pixiv, facebook, twitter, youtube, pinterest), and now - instagram as well. This pleases me. The only place where the Evinde username is taken is ask.fm, but I don't use and don't care about that platform. 

I wanted to create a makeup look for her, and she asked for either a smokey eye or an everyday eyeshadow look. I combined the two, and created a school appropriate soft smokey eye. Girl, if you read it, I hope you like it! :) Thank you again for the username trade.

purple smokey eyes and soft coral lips

I took the photos in August, so I'm wearing a summery coral lipstick, but feel free to use any colour you like. Nudes, soft pinks, mauves and dark vampy lips would look great.

Essence How To Make Smokey Eyes eyeshadow palette

I applied Silver Star on the inner half of my lid, and blended it together with the purple shade called Oh La La Lilac. I defined my outer V with Glam up! (dark purple), and highlighted my brows with a matte cream shade (Alverde Vanille.) My inner corner highlight is Spotlight, the lightest shade in the palette.

Other products I used:


Face:
  • Revlon Colorstay foundation - 150 Buff
  • NYX HD concealer - Fair
  • F&F Galaxy Glow cream highlighter
  • Makeup Revolution blush - Wow!
  • Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - 001 Transparent
  • NYX blush - Taupe (as a contour)
  • Catrice eyebrow stylist pencil - Date With Ash-ton (it's the shade for blondes, but it is way too dark)

Eyes:

Lips:

Hope you like it.

~ Evinde

I bought most of the products with my own money. The ones marked with a * were gifted to me at a blogger event.

4 comments :

  1. Nagyon szép smink lett - látom szereted az ilyen jegesebb árnyalatokat, de nem is csoda, a kék szemedhez, fehér bőrödhöz és szőke hajadhoz nagyon jól passzolnak :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Köszönöm! Igazából majdnem minden színt szeretek, hangulat és évszak függő. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...